Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It dilutes the brand of LSE. What is a brand? A brand is name, label or tag used to assign recognition and achievement, given that brand's equity, to whoever that wears the brand. Why is a brand important? Because in today's environment, brands are used as an indicator to the employer on whom they *think* they should hire.

The people who went to study at the real LSE earn the right to wear that brand. And part of the reason they went through the process of getting the LSE brand is that they can distinguish themselves when it comes to employment.

These SIM graduates we're mentioning are thieves who stole the brand and wear it on their Linkedin.
not all. i graduated from sim uol few years ago. on my linkedin and cv i made it clear that i graduated from a distant learning prog. i don't see any shame in telling the truth. It's more about what and how would i improve myself to level the playing field with local grads. let's face it, in terms of curriculum, the local grads have it harder than us. I'm not sucking up to them but this is the truth.

that being said, it doesn't mean sim uol = shitty job forever. It depends how you carry yourself and survive in the corporate world. i'm not in the FO or any glorious jobs taking home 20k each month, but probably doing abv average if i were to compare with my peers in the same age bracket (still within the banking domain).

But that doesn't mean anything, nothing to boast about. SIM is a DL provider. Full stop. Instead of trying so hard to convince yourself and others, why don't you improve on yourself, go out to the corporate world and show what you've got. I'm a pretty old school fella with a old school thinking. If you got substance, be it interpersonal skills or prodigy in this and that, prove to your colleagues, friends and family. I personally know a mid 30s hokkien speaking trader armed with only an ACCA cert + higher NITEC and got featured in reuters 3 years ago.

Though, bearing in mind that 90% of the posts here are probably from trolls. lulz