Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - LTA (Land Transport Authority)
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As local graduate and has friends in SIT, i will say that getting second upper and first class is much easier in SIT compared to NTU/NUS. SIT is mainly filled up with local student and MOST of them do not make it to local U. NTU/NUS engineering has large number of FT with scholarship and due to bellcurve, its harder to get A in engineering between these 2 uni. I have a friend in SIT UOG who failed his math and did not managed to complete his FYP (grade D) yet managed to get a second lower and it's CLOSE to second upper.

Try getting these grades in NTU EEE, obtaining a third class honor can pray to god liao
I do believe SIT have their own good just like the grads from NUS/NTU unless SIT grad had threatened the postion of NUS/NTU grads. To be fair, i don't see a need to do any comparsion. Any one who is seriously good have gone to harvard or oxbridge. SIT partner with prestigious universities which have produced quite a no. of noble winners, this is infact what NUS/NTU had honestly lacked of. If as a local grad i have to keep discriminate people from those prestigious uni that SIT partnered, i'm seriously putting myself down and digging my own graves. SIT exist due to the advancing industry needs which at this current moment, our country couldnt immediately transform NUS/NTU into as most of them are from JCs and not from polytechnic, hence lacking the skills.

our country had initially thought that academic was so important that they didnt really foresee hands-on skills like how things were thought in polys. Now, it proved them that the western educational structure is right and that is why SIT mainly takes in poly student. poly had fulfill half of the western academic structure including tehnologically advanced Japan hence in order for sg to catch up, they had to partnered with prestigious uni, that's why SIT had to be formed. when partnership, it is easier to have the prestigious uni to send their profs to sg to teach where NUS/NTU were have to do hiring which will drain out even more resources and might not be able to recuit quality profs. recently, some people had managed to find out some of the so called profs in our 2 local uni were holding on to degrees produced by degree mill?. if govt were to do the immediate transformation in NUS/NTU where majority were JCs peeps, then the failure rate will be even worse. That is why our govt can only take baby steps by starting to equip the year 1 students from these 2 local uni with compulsory modules that will help them kick start the industry needs. These compulsory modules were published in the recent news. I hope the poster can do some thinking before drafting out such a comment and keep focusing on how easy to get 1st class in SIT then NTU.