Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This thread has really lost its purpose. Can we go back to helping SIM graduates and students get an idea of what their salaries would be in various industries? I have a number of friends from either SIM-UOL or SIM-RMIT. Many are in roles such as marketing, advertising, accounts, sales, etc. Regardless of what their job is, starting salary is mid-high 2ks, but it will rise to decent 3ks after a few years. I have one friend who attempted to start businesses but failed many times and is still trying.

Also, high 2ks and 3ks are NOT pathetic. They are enough, with CPF, to allow a dual-earning couple to get married and start paying off a 3/4 room HDB slowly. Most of my friends are in their-late twenties, many are getting married, one just gave birth to a lovely boy last month. They are very happy with their lives and I am happy for them too.

Those who try to derive joy from earning more money and comparing with others tend to be the most lonely and sad. There will always be someone who earns more, does better in school, wins more awards.

I worked super hard in a local uni and graduated with a first class honors, found a pretty well paying job, but I can't wait to quit. Why? I just spent the entire weekend in the office, only managed to make it back for reunion dinner. My working hours are past midnight almost everyday with mostly burnt weekends. I have very little time for my fiancee. Who is happier - my SIM friends or myself? The answer is obvious.
wah work whole weekend until so shack still got time to write WOT grandma story at 7.32am. sayang sayang mr "local uni FCH" go get some sleep ok?