Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Singtel Management Associate Program 2015
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Generally it is easy for global mnc exp to move into singtel or any other local co but very hard the other way round. For e.g. if you are a singtel manager go and apply as analyst in google maybe still got 10% chance, if want to lateral transfer to become manager in Google is almost impossible. Staff from the 3 local telcos tend to play musical chairs with each other and sometimes within other glcs, but very rare do they succeed in moving outside the system into mnc. Those who do so are usually younger staff within 2-3 years after graduating.
i do agree. i'm in the GLC and i know how easy it is to get in and how hard to get out. my advise is dont use GLC as a stepping board because it is simply useless. even if you just wanna jump to CS/PSD, it is quite difficult as well since 1) MNC 2) CS/PSD 3) GLC 4) SME. GLC doesnt manage nor operate like how an MNC does and neither does it have that competency compare to CS. to my observation, GLC people were quite sloppy and unprofessional less CAG/ JTC. it is a known at the back of all agencies