Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Its funny how Singaporeans think...
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2010, 05:22 AM

SingaporeIsGG is on a distinguished road
Default Its funny how Singaporeans think...

Its funny to see how Singaporeans think when it comes to discussing FTs and immigrants.

All I see is the never ending complaints on how FTs and immigrants are stealing our 'rice bowls'. Why are you even competing with those at the lower strata of the workforce? I.e. those who are getting paid S$1.8-4K

If SG is a first world country and its people are well educated, shouldn't you be competing for the top jobs in this 'knowledge based' industry? Shouldn't you be striving to pay your dues and work your way up that ladder and regain control of our businessess?

I have worked in a large sg corporate and MNCs and I am absolutely appalled by how we are controlled by FTs - especially angmohs, who are 'all talk only, no action'. Why no hatred against them? Why do we continue to welcome them with open arms, smile and act friendly when the truth is, many of them command salaries several times what you and your wife will earn.

And guess what? Are they smarter than you? No. Do they have more experience than you? No. Are they more hardworking than you? HELL NO. Why hire these angmohs as CEOs and not Uncle Lim, who has worked hard at the company for 20 years, holds an NTU MBA and knows the company and market more than anyone else in the company combined?

And you know what? These incompetent bastards at senior management (20%) make up 80% of most MNC/Large corporate's payroll. You should be after this portion of the pie. Why pick against the little indian chap who takes the MRT to work, earns a measly $1.5k a month and sends half of that back to his family? Or the malaysian auntie who came across from JB to clean your toilets for $900 a month and picks up used coca cola cans for extra side income?

And why the hell should you treat these angmoh's so well? Give them top jobs, best hospitality and best of everything. For those of you have have lived overseas before, do you know that we yellow/brown/black skinned people are treated as 2nd or 3rd class citizens at their home countries? We are not given opportunities for jobs let alone top jobs based on our qualifications and experience.

I am a Singaporean, not a scholar nor a receipient of any government scholarships, not educated at any of the local universities and I am ****ing sick of the double standard you guys are treating FTs

Time to wake the **** up.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app