Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I sensed deep insecurity in you. Also you kept using the same words over and over, showing that you have not picked new vocabulary since you retired so early. This is another reason why people shouldn't retire at a young age. Instead of growing the mind, it regresses. It is thus not just the financial aspect, but mental as well as general health.

I think you also feel you are losing out to your colleagues and those of your cohort who are still working and seeing them progress. While they are talking about their next car or property to buy or overseas vacation, you are thinking how best to cut your spending.

Happiness is elusive to you I strongly suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ask yourself. What's the purpose of your creation on this earth. Is it to accumulate huge amount of wealth, spend it lavishly and die? Or do you have a higher purpose?

Life is not all about yourself and your family. Life is not about being greedy and accumulating wealth until your death bed. There is no end to accumulating wealth. You will always want more and more. But do you really need more and more?

If you understand the true meaning of your life, then you will be truly happy.

I am on my journey towards true happiness. Material wealth no longer makes me happy. Ever since I retired in my mid 50s, I now truly understand life and its purpose. You don't need so much to live. I'm happy to live in a simple three bedroom condo and drive a simple car. I am debt free and earn passive income which is sufficient for my family. I'm now just a simple, humble man.