Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your comments!!

Do you guys think I'll struggle to get a good training contract (big 4, international firm) given my family situation? My dad is actually quite ups in the legal scene and my aunt is quite big in conveyancing. Based on connections I should be quite set but how important are connections really??? How do they select people? Like for example, would it make a diff to CC that my aunt works there?

I am quite confident of getting a cum laude, maybe magna if I make myself have no life.

Also, doesn't seem v fair that Oxbridge people get treated so highly. I actually know someone who didn't get both local law schools and got trinity at Cambridge. All comes down to your financing. But I Guess things are generally unfair haha...

Any comments on my original and follow-up questions???
There are only that many senior women real estate lawyers in CC Singapore, or in the FLA tie-up for that matter.

Well done for posting it publicly on this forum. I'm sure Ms. _____ ___ T__ will be none too pleased that her nephew is advertising his brilliant plan to leverage on her to land an easy position.

Why don't you start with the very basics first, i.e. putting in the effort to being a reasonably good law student?