Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

As a recent 2015 local uni grad, i can safely say you will not even get interviews at most companies in Singapore. You will find yourself jobless for 6 months or more for a private degree holder. You will end up in a local SME, getting about 2.2k to 2.4k at this present market outlook. only about 400+ more than a dip holder.

im a EEE grad. even i was jobless for 6 months. my advise is dont do both biz and engineering deg now unless its local uni. just go find a company that you like to work in as a dip holder. learn your trade. afterwhich, if you still think the job and industry is suitable, then depending on your job scope, then go for a pte degree you think is more beneficial.

in my opinion, getting a pte deg now is totally worthless. i rather you spend 3 years getting exp. the rest depends on your performance and capability.

and engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know.

thats all from me being brutally direct.