Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkj View Post
Most of them encourage me to study now as if i start working and got used to it,studying would be tough for me and also of course will have no more monthly income. Even part time will be tiring as u have to study and work at the same time.For me, i wouldnt mine part time despite more tiring but the problem is i dont really know what to study after hearing so much.In the past i would want to continue with a eng degree,but after hearing i tho to myself bus would be great too?
i work for 4 years after poly and go back take a full time degree on y own cost. definitely you can save enough for your years in uni. i do have older classmates who didnt study for 8-10 years and they scored 1st class or 2nd upper. honestly, why people would encourage you to work first is because firstly you obviously dont know what you want. instead of analysing the trend you keep seek help from people who are not in the degree path. secondly, you are rather immatured now, today if im telling you go study A you will earn alot then for sure you will go without looking at the point that whether you can make it or not. Maturity do help you in terms of studying, you will put in more effort in it. lastly, if you think business is good then go take a business course then down the road you see how you fair.