Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkj View Post
Thanks for the advice. Been going on interview and mostly looking for a long term employee while i just wanna work till i start sch. Should i just lie to them?lol Some of the job need to be standby 24/7 means that study part time would be hard or almost impossible.Regarding to post 22, so engineering pay can be high as well? what if i am in the field of electrical? Most of my friend pay only increase a bit by year?How bout fresh grad bus student?
Im the poster for #22. Well if you were to lie to them then next time after you graduate and looking for job, the interviewer or HR saw your last job stated in your resume was only a few months they may doubt you and if they were to do a background check and things might not be good. I suggest you look for intern job or temporary position so that next time when you graduated and would like to join them back at least you have a good record. Be honest with your employers will always be good. Engineering can be high and proceed to management. If you doing electrical which is so specific then eventually it is better to get yourself registered as Chartered or professional engineer, the pay will be higher. Your friend isit local uni grad or? Honestly, quite a lot of companies do depend on your academic like your uni degree cert to give you the pay and increment. I do have sim business grad friend their starting pay only 2k. Better grading sim one 2.5k and this is not joking. If your are local uni grad then 2.8k or 3k will be min. If you be accountant or finance and slightly higher ( for local grad). My sim friend No matter which business field they go in, the pay is always lower then local uni. MNC will pay higher then local private limited.

I can see you want to go to some where that pay higher but i suggest if you want to take on a degree, then you study first then see how well you can do.