Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fortunately, not all Singaporeans are like the fellow you are arguing with. In fact, I'll say that he is in the minority. I'll call him "FT wannabe". I, for one, believe that the FTs like you are beneficial to the country and that the current open door policy to them should stay. However, there are a fair number of my bros who think just like the FT wannabe because they got stuck in their jobs due to FT. They are active on forums now because they think the election is coming. However, most Singaporeans really don't care about the type of FT like you that is causing the FT wannabe to be stuck in his low position. They are more irritated with having mainland chinese and banglas all around them doing the cleaning and serving jobs. They are also more worried about things like the cost of healthcare and public transport. When the Govt wins the election then FT wannabe and his bros will go hide in the closet for another few years. FT wannabe and his bros have no political power given Singapore's demographics (they are a small group) and how good the Govt is at running elections. So, Mr FT, just keep working to make our economy great so that my properties prices keep on going up. Hahaha
Your PROPERTIES. I guess you are in the minority then. How many of those "wannabes" can even afford to smell a second property? Many fresh graduates can't even afford a HDB flat nowadays. I'm one of them, and I hope I'm in the silent MAJORITY.

The problem with Singapore is that it is a good place for the rich and all kinds of foreigners, whether they are the blue collar types (they make good money and go back much richer), or the white collar types (they make even more money and got taxed less than their home countries, and they can choose to stay or go back). As for the poorer true blue Singaporeans, they can only hope to survive in this pressure cooker system where things are getting more expensive but salaries for them stay stagnant.