Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkj View Post
i have been going for job interview recently and some company benefits is not bad. so i have been thinking to myself that should purse a degree or should i just start work now? Definitely pursing a degree will be better as there will be higher pay and better progression but what if i dont do well and also nowadays company also look in to experience as well.So i am thinking should i give up on pursing a degree and start working since the pay and perks are not bad. I've tried asking if i am able to purse a part time degree but they are a 24/7 standby company so pursing a part time would be hard or almost impossible as you may get called anytime for work.And also i dont really know what to study as well. I had gotten advice that i can do business cause i have a diploma engineering cert, next time i can go in too engineering as well but if i go in to a engineering degree going into business would be hard as i know nuts bout it and also my English suck as i only get D7 for 'O' level which i might not even been able to get in to private uni like SIM. Tho i have heard many advice from my friends saying that a degree cert will definitely help in the future but the problem is i dont know which area should i go in...engineering or business?

Thanks for the many advice too, it really help increase my knowledge of the society
Im the poster for #22. another advice probably you go and work at that company which u mentioned benefits is good and meantime u retake your o level. after that you gauge how well can you perform in work and how the company view you despite not having a deg and decide whether to take a degree a not. part time or full time depend on urself. but if you dont have the heart to study, please do waste the money.