Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkj View Post
but to be honest my diploma result also not very good lol only 2.58 which mean that i can only get into private uni only for both bus and eng
Then i would say you should gauge whether you can manage a degree course or not, regardless business or engineering. If your family is capable of sending you overseas to prestigious uni. i would strongly recommended that compare in getting a pte cert here.

i have few friends who left the force and choose a pte uni degree. i saw them despite having a merit cert and having a good poly result, they couldnt find a job for quite some time whereas a local grad who just got a 3rd class or not even an honors got the job first. another although got into a GLC but the prospect and pay was not even there. business and eng entry pay is different and i cant say that business is forever above engineering because looking at all my friends who got a pte degree in business, they start low and increment is the same range for all pte degree. i also have seen pte degree accountant who earn big bucks because they got other professional registration and courses on top of their cert, like get themself chartared and they took like >10 years to obtain a high pay which prestigious uni grad can achieve in maybe 7 years or so.

so, i wish you could put in more effort in the courses that you intend to take because if you got a pte uni cert and still didnt manage to score well, then it will be even harder. and eventhou u got into a company, there is a high chance you get paid a lot lesser and graded under advance diploma pay scheme rather then a uni grad.