Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - which have a better prospect, business or engineering?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkj View Post
Hi all i have just ORD from army and now deciding to study UNI but don't know which to choose. I graduate from NYP in Electronics,computer and communication Engineering specialized in wafer fabrication.
i plan to study engineering but many says that business have more future prospect being higher pay,office environment and of course more gals compare to engineering lesser pay and blah blah blah. And so now i am in a dilemma to choose between business or engineering.
if into engineering it will be electrical or electronic in the mean time trying to get into marine if possible.
For business i have not made any choices yet.
any advice between this two anyone which has a better prospect and salary?
well, when i left the force i was once in a dilemma but i continue to pursue an engineering degree. now in the workforce, i would say that if you intend to get a private uni business degree, then i might as well you get an engineering degree from either a local uni or a prestigious university. Reason being you dont need waste the money to get a business degree as if you have a good engineering degree, you can get into business sector doing technology or engineering related business. furthermore, local sme or GLC honestly prefer local grad (or prestigious) uni grad rather then pte uni. I'm in the GLC and yup although they do hire pte uni grad but the advancement was really bad and they dont pay well too. nowadays, places like banks and other business sector wants engineering students more then others because engineering is a course that makes you think a lot further and nowadays a lot of business is related to technology and engineering, if you dont have any knowledge in them, how are you gg to create business for the company?

business is too general and not all pays well. if you wan good pay and dont mind the hectic hours, finance or accountant is good. But if you analyse the market, engineering can bring you further then business. last but not least, apply and see what school you can get into first!