Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't claim to be the best and the brightest, nor suggest that I was in top management. You aren't very good in reading Thanks to the Singapore Government's Global City initiative, finance is booming here and a lot of money, jobs and the wealthy are moving to Singapore. Many foreigners in private banking are simply following their clients.

I believe that I already contribute to Singapore by paying taxes and contribute to the economy more than most. I can understand that someone from Cambodia or Indonesia might want to take up Singapore citizenship, but most westerners won't and we do contribute to the economy. The Singapore Government certainly sees this, but unfortunately, the cost of progress is social pain and bitter people like yourself. However, I think that over time, the bitterness will pass, and we will learn to live together.
You should read what you wrote again. And you aren't better than me in reading. I never write anything about you not contributing to Singapore, I meant you should contribute, be it financially or any other methods, in a positive way. Nobody is forcing you to take up citizenship, but if a country can gave you so much, shouldnt you do something in return? Dont brag about the amount of tax you paid, everybody pay taxes, locals have other opportunity costs too. Progress can be achieved in several ways, but of course opportunist like you would like the way that benefit you most, so spare us the "oh I am understanding" view point. Dont try to use the excuse of social pain and bitterness to cover up your incompetence of providing the progress that we needed. Talents are welcome, Trash are not!