Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 04:52 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i tried asking my boss for more things to do but have mostly been doing admin things. not much value add at all. dont feel i am learning much. realized my predecessor only lasted 2mths and the previous less than a year. feel that this job is a dead end job. Will it be better to quit now w/o a job? difficult to go for interviews with current job.
Hey there, I actually experienced similar things and I can understand that agony of being in the wrong job. I am also a fresh local Uni grad and I got into my first job that was totally not suitable for me. There are stuffs to learn but definitely not relevant and not aligned with my future career goals. I also thought of quitting my job first, so that I will have time to find other jobs. Well, you can do this if earning money right now is not your priority, and you most probably have to remove your current job experience from your resume as one month plus wouldn't look good. I agree that applying leaves to go for interviews was a tough feat, especially when you apply for MNCs which may require several rounds. And that was what I did and lucky for me that I managed to find a more ideal job. I would advise you not to quit first and just continue applying for jobs and take leaves to go for interviews. This will be a "safer" choice since you can secure another job before quitting. Just need to be more hardworking, haha. Good luck to you!