Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle MK View Post
To this Young Man,

Ahem! This is uncle MK.. And yes, I'm going to share something but not wanting to vilify any SG folks.

This generation truly leaves in luxury. What? Young man must be thinking I worked harder than most of my peers! This is merely your (selfish) perception. A hard truth is about to unfold which may sunk your hopelessness and you will treasure almost everything.

Back in 1900s, I remembered riots, strikes and internal wars where money is the not issue but world peace. Thinking back, uncle was running a small business somewhere at an old district. The profit margin was meagre and we are talking about few hundreds. Then, there are a few young able-bodied men who entered this humble shop in search of jobs; those days, walk in and just ask towkay for job lobang!

Seeing the bad situation, economy stale, I went ahead although budget was busted - real hard and I went into deficit. Why? There is simply job shortage! These men had one more request.. "Can we stay at your shop?" I was like what..?! Well, they're homeless and nowhere to go. I didn't accede to their request as the store was really small. Instead, I went upstairs to the motel/dormitory and seek help from the towkay Neo. I asked if he could grant them a room and food supplies on me - I don't have money too hence the tradeoff using goods and services. I think this is called social autonomous expenditure this days. Well, uncle lied to them saying upstairs towkay very nice to let them live.

Everyday, uncle offered grade B & C rice to these young men for survival while trying to maintain a budget deficit. Some few years later, the shop went bust and everyone was jobless inclusing uncle MK. Having a determined nature, I went on to start another company while launching a soya bean shop as well, letting these young ones to run. Today, the soya bean shop is one of the biggest at home and they do give away free food & beverage. Uncle is elated that they did cherish this opportunity.

To the young man above, you're not alone and not in bad shape - you merely 'compare' with people of higher status where it is clearly wrong. No, uncle is not criticizing nor belittling you but this perception has to be change, for the better. This generation is fortunate to have an abundance in job searches. My opinion is to find a mentor; FB, , real life or whatsoever. Nobody will take pittance nowadays and this is a sad reality. In fact, time is on your side so why not stop procrastinating and get into sales line.

It is yours to command, not him, me or who. May the forces be on your side (credits to a kid beside me saying).

Take Care.
Uncle MK you old how ma ? 115 year ??