Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Local sinkie, served NS. I have no house, no kin. Used to live with my grandmother but after I'm left alone, I have been renting rooms since poly. I have ever sleep at void deck for few weeks due to homelessness & broke before I entered army. NS was heaven for me, food and bed for free. I mostly didn't book-out for that 2 years.

Been working part-time since lower sec for pocket money. Paid for my sch fees and everything else myself. You name a job, chances are I have done it; waiter, car-washer, flyer distributor, manual labourer, door-to-door salesman, fishmonger, ntuc stacker, theme park operator, admin boy, deliveryman, driver, security guard, bike courier, midnight petrol station cashier and even airport toilet cleaner.

I read many posters here, all so rich and wealthy. To be honest, I really envy you all. But I dare say I have worked harder than most of you. I wonder if you all can achieve the same if you were under a similar circumstances as me.
Wish you all the best brother. I believe you will make it big someday. Sometimes not because you are a spendthrift, but because you are tied down by adverse circumstances that impedes your journey to financial independence. Many people nowadays shrouded in material comfort, do not know homelessness is an existing problem in Singapore. First thing see you pay rent, ask you are you a foreigner. Freaking joke.