Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UOL is essentially an education franchise. MDIS, PSB and several other private institutions offer UOL classes for students who registered for UOL exams. However, SIM generally have higher enrolment rate (thus more well-known), provides more support to its students and gives UOL student a better "full-fledged" university experience as compared to other private institutions in Singapore.

Btw, I'm a SIM-UOL student. When asked, I just say it as it is. I have faced my fair share of discriminations in interviews and at work before. Truth to be told, I have seen more SIM-UOL with f***ed up work attitude as compared to local uni peeps. On the other hand, I have also worked with local uni students who are scholars but have an "uncoachable" attitude. They may be smart and able, but being an arrogant prick means seniors deem them as "uncoachable", and they do not get dibs on the best deals. End of the day, if one manages to get into the doors, progression boils down to attitude.

Have a great day everyone! Don't stress so much about small stuff. Do whatever make you happy. Lastly, don't romanticised any jobs before you are even in the industry. Makes anyone look like an ignorant fool.
This is the kind of attitude that will get you far. Pay attention, SIM people. Acknowledge the limitations of your degree and keep a humble attitude. Grasping at outlandish stories like so-and-so UOL grad who made it big and earns $99999999 bucks and is now an MD in so-and-so MegaBank is not going to help you. Focus on the here and now.