Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Unregistered

Luckily you realised your mistakes early before it was too late. No amount of money is worth the value of a happy family and a good health. What's the point of having millions but you are not happy because of unhappy relationships with your family or if you are sickly. Life is lousy like that. So many people are fooled into thinking that money solves every problem. The pursuit of money without due consideration of other more critical things in life will surely lead to ultimate failure in life. Only the wise people truly understand the true meaning of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks. Yes I retired young because I worked very hard during my younger days. I was very ambitious and climbed my career ladder fast. I was a high flyer. When I reached my early 40s, I realized I was working too hard till I neglected my loved ones and my health. I decided this was not a life I wanted and so decided to refocus my life to a more meaningful one. Since I already earned, saved and invested a lot, I was able to quit the rat race. Now I am 300% happier than my previous corporate life.