Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been hearing this a lot lately. So roles like credit/market risk analyst.. would you consider them BO roles? A number of my banking friends do. Curious about the compensation as well. I heard it's typically about 4k+ so kinda makes it clear that aside from FO roles, the rest of the roles are about 4k+??
It's up to debate I guess. But to me, the only distinction is FO or not, meaning IB or CapMarkets.

We are lucky because we are from local universities so we will be offered full time roles, not contract jobs. So for such positions, you can generally expect more than 4k, excluding local banks.

For bulge brackets, above 4k is realistic for almost any role, not sure about corporate functions but I've heard of 4.5k for marketing roles within the asset management division.

For local banks, apart from DBS - don't expect more than 4k. Even so, I believe DBS pays between 3.5k to 3.8k for the graduate associate positions and 4.5k for management associates.

Other banks like HSBC, Nomura, SCB and so on I'm not too sure but generally, you can use GS as a measure of brand name and prestige to scale down the salary.