Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The 2.8k pay is blanket across the board.

PwC - 2850 not sure if it comes with signing bonus
Deloitte - 2850 with 2000 signing bonus
KPMG - 2900 iirc, 3500 for first class
EY - 2850

Don't be fooled by the Strategy& or Parthenon acquisitions. It's solely from a branding perspective. PwC and EY now sell their strategy work under S& and Parthenon-EY. Due to the partnership model and the nature of the M&A, mostly only major markets like US/UK/JP are affected and monetary benefits goes to the acquired.

But if you do a quick LinkedIn search, the calibre at the strategy side are pretty decent, many MBBs so it still remains to be seen if they will become a force within the next few years.
I am more shocked by the paltry bonus amounts (1.5 to 2 months, no 13th month) than low starting pay. I can still semi understand if their operating model is to give lower starting basics with health annual increments and filter out people who drop out along the way.

There is simply no excuse for a audit/consulting firm that charges an arm & a leg to give the grunts on the ground a 13.5 - 14 month package. I mean come on, even civil service average C+ performers are able to get a 15.9 month package not to even mention better monthly basic salaries.

Either the Big 4 is so good at marketing themselves as top prestigious elite here in SG or else I can only conclude most of our local grads are really dumb beyond belief to accept this kind of crap package for the lousy working hours.