Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salaries of Professors in SG
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

As your field of study is non-technical, i would not be so optimistic in terms of the salary to be offered.
5 journal publication in top tier is nothing unusual, but if you are awarded best paper or if your work is quoted in leading press, then that could be additional selling point.

Anything above $50k is reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a local fresh PhD grad, in the field of social sciences/humanities, with no postdoc experience. I have more than 5 lead author articles published in highly regarded journals in my field (ranked top 10), graduated with bachelor and master at NUS (itself a highly ranked global institution) and PhD from Oxbridge.

I have applied for a couple of jobs, most recently a shortlist at NTU (Singapore), for a tenure-track position in Asst Professorship.

A couple of questions here I hope to receive some friendly advice. Based on my profile, how much should I be expecting, say, between the starting package of 80k - 100k - any experienced commentator pertaining to this?

Also, is it reasonable for me to expect and negotiate for "more", in the SG academic job environment, based on the reputation of my degrees and the fact that I have already published pieces in some of the top journals in the field?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app