Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OMG its the stupid 13 month crap again from the web. Why do people even believe that nonsense. You know why it doesn't matter if you receive it over 12 or 13 month? Cause we look at annual package. When you sign you sign for the annual package, not the monthly salary. If a company gives you 4000 dollar a month with AWS and another gives you 4500 without AWS, which would you choose? The 4500 right? Cause overall the whole year you'll still get more. Does it matter that you didn't have AWS? No, cause you earn more. Is the company cheating you out of a month? Well clearly not since you agreed to it in the first place.

Lets put it in another way, if a company has a annual budget of 60000 per person, and yes, salary are usually budgeted P.A., then I would give someone a monthly salary of 5000. Now, if I have to give AWS, then would I still give 5000? Obviously not, I will divide it by 13 and give you 4615 instead.

or... is this too complex for you
some people are just naive.

a 12 month's package is clearly superior - in case i want to leave.

then again, that guy must probably so low in demand that he cant leave, so having a 13th month pay makes him feel happy.

what do i know? i only know i drive a Z4 roadster.