Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was talking about Ministries, not polytechnics. The pay structure for ADs in polys seems to be very different and much higher, according to someone else who posted on this topic. And even for Ministries, two persons may hold the same title but command vastly different salaries.
I guess the reason might be pretty simple, Poly and ITE hire people with industry experience, at least 5-10. if its only 1-2 years experience, they must have at least a PhD or good masters to be relevant.

While the salary seems higher than ministries, i guess it might be because the ministry does hire fresh grads, polytechnics, to remain relevant, prefer to hire people who have experience in a particular field of work to teach. So to attract such "mid career" people to make the switch, you have to pay something decent.

I remember my lecturer back in the old days, he had 10 years of experience behind him before he joined. If you want to train for the industry, you got to know exactly what the industry wants, and who better than the workers themselves!

that being said, staff in polytechnics are also markedly older.