Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i honestly doubt you are in a trading role. i'm from sim-uol and i'm disappointed to see a fellow man coming here to defend sim graduates with being STREET SMART?

Dude, you need to go work a few years and see if that 2 words mean any ****.

Fact of the matter is, whichever uni you come from, it really depends how well you know the job you are interviewing for, where have you done internship, and how well you can talk, who do you know.

I have uol friends in goldman sachs doing reconciliation. granted, stupid job, but her colleagues in the same team are from smu and nus holding 2.1 on relevant degrees. besides working your ass off in uni and making the right moves, you need luck in the job market. if there is no window open for you, no matter how much **** you have collected from uni will not matter. i have uol friends in pictet, CS, JPM as well. same scenario, most colleagues are local grads with 2nd or above class hons. I have an NBS friend with first class hons working in risk doing **** checking on electronic trades everyday earning peanuts.

Point is, u can study as much as u want. but if the opportunity isn't there, there is not a chance the education you have collected is going to help u create an opportunity when there is none. suck on that mother ****ers
^^ Well said, i find it childish when ppl compare students that graduate from one school is more street smart from the other. Ultimately, it comes down to
1. Luck/opportunities
2. How you sell yourself.
3. Work Experience

Certificate is just a stepping stone.