Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Nielsen salary
Thread: Nielsen salary
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

i think ur letting ur personal emotion get in the way of advising the ts properly. i can understand ur personal frustration, but what ur saying really isnt relevant to ts situation. he has a real job from neilsen in the real world and he wants to understand how it works career wise for him, not some hypo situation on what you will like to do in the ideal world.

we can all sit ard to complain abt what is wrong with this world, everyone has a fav pet topic. but this topic more for kopi/beer session...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are not academic stuff tbh. All those are taught in statistics 102 or 103, and any statistics grad (and some economics grad) can do the above.

I know normal jobs probably does not require any of these stuff cos there's simply no incentives for consultant firms to do the analysis properly for their clients. Afterall, it takes up alot of time and clients probably wont know enough to criticize ur methodology anyway. If im running a consultancy dept, that's probably what I would do too. but it jus kind of annoyed me that many ppl (esp those that are getting paid to give advice) take statistics for granted and think that it is a foolproof solution that can be applied broadly.