Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Nielsen salary
Thread: Nielsen salary
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anba View Post
You're right, i'll be taking the job. This discussion is more of a curiosity thing.
My prior exp was with think (Booz Allen/IBM/Accenture) kinda firm. Both undergrad/masters from global Top 20 uni. The gap in resume, all i can say is.. sometimes life makes things hard for you.. for whatever reason.

I wonder if this salary offered is for the probationary period - its 6 months. Maybe change after that? As far as I know, the job is fairly advanced cause we were discussing very technical level stuff (e.g. logit/probit, hierarchical modeling, etc..) in interview.

Pls feel free to enlighten me if I'm mistaken on technical stuff described is not advanced. They said I'll be dealing with price-promotion models, marketing mix models, customer segmentation etc..
Well sometimes things are what they are so you will just have to make do with whatever pay they offer. I don't know what is Neilsen's HR policy, but as far as I know most MNCs do not increase pay after probation. If they had such a thing, I suppose HR would already have informed you when they made the offer.

I do not work for Neilsen per se, but for a vendor that provides services especially at the intelligence & market data side for them, so I have plenty of interaction with staff from Neilsen. I can't comment on your specific job, but what I can say is just like most consultancy firms, they have a tendency to inflate relatively simple stuff to make it sound real complex and academic to their clients in their marketing pitch.

At the end of the day I believe in the laws of free market. If this position is really that highly specialize and requires deep mathematical modelling skills, a global market leader like them would never stinge on that few thousand a month so that they can save cost. This kind of behavior maybe SMEs will do, but not a market leader in the industry.