Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if you want proof that paper qualification isn't such a big deal in the long run, go to linkedin - check out the profiles of AVPs/VPs/Ds in the banks, those Indian/Pinoy expats. these are the ones with salaries from 8k.

take a look at their education, which university they came from. Anna University. Nagpur University. Mapúa Institute of Technology. heard of them? me neither.

do you think the decision makers at these orgnizations would think "ah these guy has been performing well, let's promote him to AVP. no wait he is from SIM lets not promote him. let's promote that guy from NUS instead because, you can't go wrong with NUS."
I've heard of these universities because I have friends who have studied in India,worked there for experience and have jobs paying well above 6k / month.These guys have obtained contracts from banks in Singapore with those affiliated with banks back in India.These guys get only so much as your Ns pay back in India and when they come here we have a problem because they tend to take our jobs.You know why this is the case? Because people here are all talk and no substance.They have never lived and worked in a country far lower than their own to realise what they have but instead they just complain and put others down.Let me set the scenario.Locals would have to survive the rigorous education system,serve their country and continue their survival in the most expensive city in the world while foreign talent would stealthy crawl in when they are 24-25 with good experience and made of quality substance to take what rightfully is someone else's.