Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think u are your wife are very sensible! Your combined income is definitely not small either and yet u both are frugal which is good. Don't envy the bankers, did u ask them if they are happy? Do they have the time and/or energy to enjoy their 'riches'? Most of my peers and myself included are mentally stressed up such that even over weekend, we worry abt our targets and don't actually enjoy ourselves fully. Even on holidays. No perfect job in the world so good to know what makes u happy and contented.
Teacher need to work smart. You should learn to unlock your true value by giving tuition during weekends (to students whom do not come from your school). I was making in excess of 130k a year in my early 30s, through a combination of full time teaching and adhoc tuition. I do not compromise my quality for both cases, i just trade-off my personal entertainment time to earn that extra bucks at the same time helping weaker students to gain confidence and do better in their studies. have since switched to full-time tuition and making close to $200k pa. nothing close to bankers, but I am quite fine with it.