Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - career switch
Thread: career switch
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Why not become a full time mum? Your husband can support you and family. Live a simple life. You can buy a 3 room BTO flat for only $200k plus. Don't need to own a car and you don't need a maid if you become a full time mum. Give the best to your children. They deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35yearsold View Post
Need some advice.

I'm 35 yr old female, 2 young children. Just quit my job recently, was working full time in art/film/media industry for 11 years drawing a salary close to 5k, no bonus, no OT pay and working pass 10 hrs a day is a norm in this industry, and also asked to work on some Saturdays when project near its due. I have a degree in film/multimedia.

Why do I quit, coz I need a time-flexi job, to be able to pop by house from time to time to check if everything is ok. Long story short, I need a work life balance job. I gave up 8-5 office (or I call it 13hrs not at home) job.

I've been searching around to see what kind job fits me and I am comfortable with. As my field of expertise is niche and there aren't much opportunity for time-flexi work in this field (industry not doing well, talent over supply), I turn to real estate friends, insurance agent friends, MOE teachers, even mlm and they always say very good! Come join me! Especially RES and Insurance. Totally new career but I don't have many more 5 years to try this and that.

Could anyone give me some advice. I'm now undecided between RES, Insurance, teacher. What kind of career will I have in future, lets say next 3-5 years, can I draw a salary of 5k by then?