Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many are still fooled and are staying on for long term. Friends shared with me that upon leaving Big 4 their salary has gone up by 25%-50% after 1 year. Their colleagues are still toiling on inside thinking Big 4 is the best.

Nowadays they no longer meet up as by the time they are done with work, my friends are already home and finished eating dinner. When meeting old time friends, those in Big 4 always come after dinner is over and the group has moved on to a new place for drinks. They will have to settle their own dinner by tabaoing something along or eating snacks at the pub. Of course, nobody ever expects them to treat drinks on their meagre salary...
While I am no big fan of big 4, let's not exaggerate the situation. An accountant or finance reporting on corporate side does not necessarily give better work life balance either. Many have tight monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines and working long hours is pretty common as well.

Give & take my assessment is a typical average Big 4 employee's progression in terms of pay & promotion is roughly similar to corporate finance in a large local company. Not too bad, but neither is it like what most fresh grads fantasize about rubbing shoulders with high flyers and elites.