Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This guy is missing the point. Of course there are FCH grads going into Big 4, I know many. It doesn't change the fact that a Big 4 job is still less prestigious than a job in other consulting firms or banks.

Let's not even talk about the pathetic pay for most people who never manage to make partner. After working 6 years at a Big 4, you can still qualify for a BTO flat with your partner, assuming both of you work in a Big 4.
I am surprise this is even a topic for debate. A MBB management associate fresh grad goes in at 5-8k on a 18-20 months annual package. The same for a Big 4 consultancy side is just 3 - 3.5k on 14-15 months annual. What is there to compare? They ain't even in the same league.

The fact that some FCH from local unis enter Big 4 is a well know fact, but it doesn't change the vast difference in starting pay levels and social standing between real management consultancies / investment banking and Big 4.

I have nothing against Big 4 and think it's a good stepping stone for people who like accounting or auditing and most with Big 4 experience do quite ok as far as a PME career is concerned, but to somehow imply that it is on par with high finance like MBB, IB, PB etc. is just ludicrous.