Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - courses on commodities trading
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2015, 08:27 PM

ook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from NTU I did not know they have a trading course for their students.

Personally, I do not think you need a certificate to land a starting position in a physical trading company. Internships are a much better option.

I briefly read through the SMU course breakdown and firstly I must say that $7500 is ****ing expensive for a certificate. Secondly, the course is not that relevant if you want to be a front-line physical trader because most of the documentations, risks, finances are handled by the other departments although it is still good to know to ops here and there.

A better course would be the ones offered in other institutes ( quarter of the price as well) Those that teach you the basics of shipping and trading (Incoterms, L/C ops, port operations etc ) rather than just narrowing down on finances of shipping and trading which I believe is secondary to the basic shipping ops. I'm not saying it is not important, but not necessary to go into the depth, now now
hi there is one at ntu

International Trading Programme (ITP)

other than shipping (i managed to get some notes from my smu fren), what are the other more impt areas do u think i should read up on? trade facilitation? risk management?