Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles that I may find in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
The finance sector does not appeal to me because, in my observation, of the flamboyant culture.
But in the unfortunate circumstance that I would have to work in the finance sector, which area would see me utilising a high level of mathematics?
Data analytics, perhaps?

Having been abroad since having completed my national service and given that I may have to return to Singapore for a brief period, exploring my options and constructing a contingency plan is vital to me.
Most of my Aussie peers in my area of field proceed on to work as mathematical modellers, geophysicists, nuclear physicists, technical consultants and some, as astronomers. Such roles generally pay extremely well and tremendously fulfilling.
In the worst case scenario that I may have to return to Singapore and consequently search for work, are there any industries in Singapore that would provide a closest fit to my skills and preference?

I'd love to hear more.
wake up.

you and your parents voted for the open legs mass immigration policy in SG.

you will struggle to find roles in SG as these roles are now mostly taken up by indians/chinese/pinoy FTs with lesser qualification that yourself - in fact whether they are qualified or not is another issue all together.

dont believe me, try coming back and experience it for yourself. good luck.

pls remember your experience 4yrs later