Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

You can call them what you want, but people earning $300k pa especially when they are in their mid 50s are in their career sweet spot.

At this age, they have amassed a tidy and comfortable nest egg (usually multi millions), respectable passive incomes (can buy a jap car with one year of passive income), have no loans to pay, children grown up.

Many have mistaken that people like them are scared to retire. On the contrary, people like them can retire anytime, but they are working as they now enjoying work because they are no longer stressed by having to fight for promotion or even job security.

And remember for them, this is the golden period for savings! Where your salary is at its peak, and your loans and expenses are at the lowest. Can you imagine, for every year that you work, you can save up for 3 years or more of your retirement expenses? This period from 55-65 is truly the golden period for building up a solid retirement nest egg. In this 10 year period, you could add another $3+m to your coffers.

Yes, you are right. Compared to others, these people are under achievers. But hey, with the money they amassed, i think they are not bothered. I know a few of these people and I know they are people who know how to live life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you have been short changed. Might as well retire in JB now and enjoy a relaxed life. But you must keep your mind active by reading, doing charity work, working on personal projects, travellling the world, exercising, investing, attending AGMs, etc.

Many posters here earn at least $500k pa I think. Those earning $300k pa or less are usually the underachievers, esp if they are aged 45 and above. The high flyers in this forum are happily retired and busy growing their wealth.