Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Impressive. To be retired at 58 is not bad though not as awesome as those high flyers ex bankers who retired in their 40s. Anyway good to know that you are now closer to your spouse. Many people your age tend to drift apart. That's why they rather not retire because they want to avoid seeing their spouse everyday at home. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I do agree with you that we are our own best asset. That is why I have decided to invest full time three years ago rather than working in a job I don't like and not good at. I have been investing for the past 30 years and am good at it. I decided to devote my time to investing full time and seeing the fruits of my decision. My current passive income covers more than my expenses and my capital gains have grown significantly since I invested full time. With more time devoted in doing my research, my stock picks got better.

Now at the age of 58 and with no dependents, I can afford to have more time to pursue other interests besides investing full time. My wife enjoys my company at home. We are now closer as a couple. We love exercising in the parks together every morning before I start my work at home at 9am when the market opens. We don't drive as our penthouse condo in next to an MRT station.