Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

You are lying. Your net worth alone is not $5m+. It is a COMBINED net worth with you AND your wife. So please stop lying. Who knows, your net worth alone could just be $1m and your wife's net worth could be $4m+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can assure you it is not a sad life at all to have $5m+ networth and with annual savings of $300K+.

I know it is difficult to tell apart my posts from the other posts, but in my posts you will find the following consistent themes:

1. Work hard, save and invest well. Start as early/young as possible
2. Work as long as you can. Dont quit too young even though you may think you have saved enough because of inflation plus the many unknowns that could pop up along the way
3. The "golden period" for savings is when you are around 50+ to early 60 where your major loans are paid up, children are grown up and your salary is at its peak. Here, at 55, I have shared that for every year of work, my wife and I could save for 3 years of retirement expenses
4. Dont put additional burden on your children by expecting them to give you allowance in your old age because they would have their own family to support. They might also need to provide for their in-laws!
5. Retiring without proper planning or hobby to occupy your time will lead to boredom and slowing of the mind.
6. Dont burden your children by staying with them. Give them the space and privacy to live their own lives. By all means help to look after your grand children, but not to stay with them unless it is a big spacious house.
7. In Singapore, no real need to own cars, because we are small city and public transportation is good and cheap. Having said this, we own two cars - Jap cars.

I also shared how I could only achieved a mere 2.5% return on the $5m+ networth or around $130K pa in passive income cash flow. This is because the primary home will not be generating cash flow, and the fact that we also minimise risk by putting a chunk of savings in bonds and FDs. Rest are in blue chips stocks and rental property.

The $130k pa passive income was able to cover our expenses so it should not be surprising to you that we could save $300k+ pa -- our salaries.

And I never asked how we are doing, how we could retire etc..... I am not that poster!