Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody in pte sector care about 1/2.1/2.2 UOL honors. Starting should be 2.3-2.5k in most cases; banks might be slightly higher, but since they don't give 13 month end up total package the same.
Yup! Degree classifications matters only in Govt Sector. And if you are a fresh graduate from SIM, without any job experience, most probably you will not be shortlisted if you apply for govt/stat board.

Unless you have intern experience, or did well. My friend did part time studying and worked at HSBC for 1 year (in his final year).

Upon graduation, he managed to secure a job in Temasek Holdings as data analyst. [Frankly speaking, I was quite shock as well. He didn't pull string or anything. FYI, he didn't graduate with FCH or 2nd Upper.]

Don't get too proud because you graduate with a degree. Almost everyone now is a degree holder.

Don't be upset, when people are putting you down because you are holding a private degree.

No point arguing if private degree is better than or local degree is better.

Gain your experience where ever you are, and have your own goal and target in your life. Achieve it and be happy about it. Degree is just a paper for your stepping stone. After that will be how you perform and execute your job. No point comparing whose degree is better or not.

I have friends who graduated from local unis and are having difficulty finding jobs. Not just private degree holders only.

The life that we are living is for our own, and not for comparing with each other and make oneself miserable. Achieve what you want in your life and be happy and grateful.

Chill guys.