Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really? I was from a neighbourhood JC but most, if not all of my teachers were honours grads from local universities. Actually all were from NUS. One was from nantah.

I was from a pretty good secondary school and JC. Most of my teachers in JC were scholars and such (some studied in Ivy league unis and OxBridge), but in secondary school, I had lots of teachers who were foreigners, and I distinctly remember my social studies teacher telling us he studied at a private school because he did poorly at O'levels. The difference is that my JC teachers were generally much younger than my secondary school teachers. I think many scholars teach for a few years and then take up a non-teaching position at MOE, or prepare to become principals, etc. Also, I suspect principals in autonomous and independent schools are allowed to choose their teachers and some are more elitist than others.

Wow. Social studies? Very impt subject. You have a bright and meaningful future in front of you.
It's way too soon to speak! I suspect this may be sarcastic because people on this thread are noticeably more hostile than in other career threads (perhaps its a trait more prevalent in people who want to teach).