Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Advice needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2015, 04:03 PM

jcp is on a distinguished road
Default Career Advice needed!!!

I just joined the foreign bank as senior associate (the next level is associate director then MD) and few days later another foreign bank called and offer a AVP role as the unit manager with 30% more of my current salary.

I struggle a little bit cause job level is pretty similar (except the title cause unit manager sounds more fancy than senior associate that just doing BAU and some kind of team lead work) and my current job environment is quite relaxing (as in you dont have too much of works and you can have your own long coffee time everyday), but I dont see the opportunity to grow in terms of my expertise and knowledge cause there isnt too many things happen within the unit

what attracted me in the new role is the salary and job title but I know for the fact that the challenge that awaiting me in the new company is something that could be a bit too much for me (I'm just not sure if I'm ready for that though I used to be a team lead for multiple teams) but of course that there is the potential opportunity to move in to a regional role

Should i just give up my current job as in its not challenging and nothing much to learn but a very very friendly and nice working environment..

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app