Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Unregistered_101

Its hard to advise without knowing what you do but general consensus would be at your age and income bracket it will be wise not leave without securing another job first. You options really are either to find another role which you are more suited to within the firm or negotiate with your HR Dept, either offer to pay off the 3 month the alternative takes more balls Pal of mine had a similar 3 month notice clause he used his leave and MC to clear out least 1.5 months and join another firm midway during his absence.

Applying for a job without a current one already makes the potential employer look at you different, first thing they will think about is why the other firm didn't want you etc etc. Also we are going into an economic downturn do you really want to have no job security?

The only thing I will say is unless you have a solid stream or rec-curing income, great contacts in the industry who are willing to recommend friends to employ you or a huge pot of cash don't make any rash decisions.

I stopped working for a while back when trying some businesses, didn't work out and I can tell you the period I did not work I spent much more than if I had worked. Free time gives you more opportunities to spend or try reckless risk taking (not gambling).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello everyone. i am 45 this year, and married with two kids. i make about $10k per month with US MNC. my wife is also working and earns about $10k per month also. recently i have been transferred to a new role under another boss. unfortunately the job scope has drifted, and it is causing me undue stress. i have spoken to my boss, but chose to ignore on it. i am having bad anxiety, and keeps waking up at 2am or 3 am midnight. I dont think it is getting better. i think i have to quit. however at my age i dont think i can get another similar industry job with this salary level. i want to ask the people out here if there's anyone of similar experience? i have paid up my HDB and a paid up new car, so i basically debt free. please help to advise me. thank you.