Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - List of Management Associate Programs
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sure generally FO jobs in BB attract the best, but those who choose to join some sort of BO/MO rotation program still have a much better wow factor compared to a similar MAP in DBS for e.g. Maybe some will argue that they know anecdotal someone who is in some place not as good as people think, but that's not really the point. It is all about perception and employer brand equity.

A lot of it is really common perception. I mean try and imagine during CNY you visit relatives 2 youngsters introduce themselves as management associates, 1 is from Shell the other from DBS. Who do you think is likely to be the talk of the town?
Judging by what you said, it seems like impressing a random stranger on the streets who is absolutely unaware of the difference between a BO role in BB and a FO role in a regional bank like DBS is your top-most priority. In that case, then yes, perhaps a role like DBS MAP wouldn't fall under your category of prestigious positions.

Nevertheless, here is another possible angle to look at things. If your intention is to "impress" your fellow educated peers who are cognizant of the differences between BO/MO/FO in the different tiers of banks, then I would say that DBS MAP is probably more prestigious than your BO role in BNP Paribas or Credit Agricole.

(Note that I quoted BNP Paribas/Credit Agricole because some people might still debate that a BO role in JPM/Deutsche Bank is still more prestigious than a local bank's MAP)