Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that was what i thought. but i went for a site preview together with a second round not long ago and was told that i was the only candidate who made it. i was also told that they were in need of someone to fill that position. but after 2 weeks i was told that i wasn't further shortlisted due to the "selection process being too competitive" which wasn't a valid reason based on all that i have known.

really curious about what went wrong and if i should keep trying to apply for other dxo positions ):
I got rejected at the site visit stage. I waited 2 weeks without receiving news before calling them. It was then that they informed me of my status and when I asked further they told me that the candidate was selected on the same day of the site visit itself. Would have been nice if they could have let me know on the day itself xD

So yeah, we're pretty much in the same boat, but I have applied to other companies as well and have been called up for interviews. Don't feel too let down by this, there are other fish in the sea :3