Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;71113]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

When I quoted LSE,I was referring to a SIM UOL grad meeting entry requirements for LSE masters program and gaining admissions.I NEVER said that SIM-UOL graduates can think themselves as LSE graduates.

Now when I listed out few points,I said SIM UOL provides scholarships to study at LSE for their masters program then isn't it logical to think that a SIM UOL graduate can gain admissions into LSE masters provided he or she has met all entry requirements? And if a prestigious university like LSE can provide admissions to a SIM UOL grad then isn't it logical to think NUS also can?

You have completely misunderstood what I've said.I'm not a student in SIM,just some guy serving NS and I seem to be more understanding than you.
it is a FACT that NUS doesn't accept/recognize SIM as a university. in fact, most universities worldwide do not recognize distant learning programmes. these do not qualify as a proper undergraduate programme, and the graduates admission offices do not entertain applications from distant learning providers.

LSE will most definitely NOT recognize SIM/UOL certs. for the record, courses run by SIM do not have equivalents in UOL or whatever institution they partner with. I have friends who works in the graduates department in NUS/NTU, and they have seen fair cases of cocky SIM certs strolling in to apply only to be told that they do not are not recognized.

And no, this is all but a marketing tool. I can set up a football school for kids in Singapore, charge them $10000 per year and say that if you are selected to play for Manchester united or arsenal, I will sponsor you everything.

truth hurts, reality sucks