Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed for a 30 yo male diploma holder for the next stage of his life / career
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:29 AM

p0496418 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So in another word, you got no special skills, no network, unwilling to work long hours, no industrial experience, and weak academic qualification. But you expect employers to pay you well.

Put yourself in the employers shoe. Would you pay $10 for a hard boiled egg at a kopitiam?

Employers don't pay workers bcos they are charitable. They pay because the employees value add to the business. And how much you are paid is tied to how much value you add.
no special skills - mind stating what special skills are u talking about?

no network - i agree with u i have no network

unwilling to work long hours - i have seen ppl in senior positions with recognized degrees @ MX12 onwards working with avg workload n leaving on the dot. honestly i dont see them adding much value to the organization, just that maybe their academic qualification is strong? so i dont really know what are u talking about? i dont mind working long hours and half a day on wkend, but definitely not 12 hours daily, if that's what u meant. most, if not all of the MX12 in my organization dont even clock 60 hours a week. btw my definition of senior position = employee under degree scheme.

no industrial experience - having started from CS, sad to say i think it's quite difficult to bring forth my experience from CS to private sector. but it would be easier if one will to transit with exp from private sector to CS. feel free to disagree with me though...

academic qualification - i could enrol in unisim part time. but what's the point seriously if my future job cant even offer me higher than what im earning currently? pointless isnt it?