Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Watching Millionaire Inside
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

My parents were not rich. However, when it came to education for their children, they would just spend whatever hard earned savings they had. My sister and I benefitted from this even though both of us had to take up tuition loan to supplement this.

Now, we are both doing OK in life, thanks no doubt to our parents. At this stage of our lives, we try our level best to repay the love, sacrifice and trust that our parents unquestionably lavished on us ..... I don't think it would ever be enough. The amount they spent is not a lot but in relation to what they had, it was a gamble.

When it comes to my children, I would finance them wherever they are qualified for, hoepfully it's Harvard, Oxbridge or some other Ivy league, otherwise wherever. At least, I won't have to live with any guilt of what could be. Whether there is any gratitude, hopefully their upbringing will guide them wisely.

At the end of the day, we came into this world with nothing and we will leave with nothing. We are all a transient visitor in this world and if we make a difference to as many people as possible, that is our blessing. If I can help my kids flourish and be the best they can be, I would have done my job as a parent well and I will look back with utmost pride.