Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My conclusion then is that civil servants are overpaid.
Agreed. I have no problems with civil servants earning high salaries, but what irks me most is many of them constantly moaning how they are underpaid or that their careers will stagnate at a certain DD level etc. What profit-oriented pte company will give "salary adjustments" to benchmark to industry every few years? Most of us in the pte sector can be content with a 3% pa increment even if our company is raking in hundreds of millions in bottom line..... but not hitting budget numbers.

What makes civil servants think that with their irrelevant skillset can be transferred into top management positions (ie HOD or C-level earning $200k pa and above) in the pte sector? Don't they know that most of these positions in MNCs are taken up by FTs that they don't have to contend with in the CS? It's a hard truth that MNCs prefer nationals of their own HQ origins to take up top positions in their regional HQs and offices.... after that we still have to contend with the lesser FTs like Indians and Pinoys, who you may realise after some time that may or may not be more than bags of hot air.

These generals parachuting into GLCs are deluding their judgement....