Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - UniSIM Finance with FCH starting pay.
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
all these banking hr are a joke. a local uni FCH joins as ma get 4.5-6k and the same FCH from a SIM they pay 2k+.

ok even if we give the benefit of doubt local uni is better maybe pay 20% higher, how can justify double in starting pay for local unis? are they trying to say a nus fch can do 2 times the work and 2 times smarter than a pte uni fch? it is just illogic hiring discrimination honestly.
I hope I don't sound incoherent with the following but here goes..

1. First of all, I am not too sure if FCHs from private unis are even able to gain entry into the MA programme. As far as I know, of the many MA programmes offered by the banks, only OCBC's YBP took in private uni students (and it is debatable if OCBC's YBP is truly an MA programme). Other banks' MA programmes have no private uni students in it, regardless of FCH or other classes of honours.

2. In light of the above, there is really no such thing about private uni FCH receiving only $2k + in the MA programmes.

3. There is no rule to determine whether a 20% premium in pay for local uni students is fair, or whether 100% premium is fair. If the banks really decide to practice such discrimination, then it is up to them to decide what is the % premium to settle on. If anyone is displeased with such a practice, feel free boycott that particular bank or raise it up to the relevant government authorities.

I have no intention of driving a wedge between private university and local university students. Just wanted to point out the fallacies in quoted post. Sincere apologies if I rubbed anyone the wrong way.