Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
could be that cauz his parents already specially set aside $$$ for him to study thats why he dun really feel the pinch. i mean if someone just throw me $$$ & tell me i can use that to study some pt courses i like of course i will also go for it even if little value.
For me, I will not think because it is my parents' money, then I can anyhow spend and also even if I got free money or throw me some money, I also will consider it carefully. Because it is better to plan and spend your money and also your time wisely. Because this is just a one time cash, once it's gone, it's gone.

I will suggest him to plan well as I have mention during my earlier post. Plan properly and execute properly.

Based on what he is looking for, he is not lost but just clouded with the idea of "the grass is greener on the other side". Because based on how he describe, he does not really know how areospace sector works. Maybe a bit but he didnt know the actual job scope that he is looking for.

there is one more thing I missed out, normally part time degree will be better for those employees who have work in the particular sector and wish to progress to the management level, part time degree is useful for this progression. As for jumping to another sector, it will be hard. Because it does not justify your worthy just because you got a degree, probably you will have to start from the bottom like those fresh grad or maybe lesser. The reason is because the recognition on the qualification is there since he also know NUS/NTU are more prestigious that SIM.

Also, it might be hard for him to get job as I mention, there isnt just local uni or local people looking for jobs, but also FT as well. He will have to think carefully